- Duration: Around 10 Hours
- Type: Private Tour
- Availability: Runs Everyday
- Pick up & drop off: Customers' Location
- languages available for Tour guides: English, Spanish, German, Russian, French, Italian
Amazing full day tour exploring the Fayoum oasis which is a natural depression in the desert, located about 90 km southwest of Cairo. Upon arrival you will change to 4x4 vehicle and start the tour by visitng the Tunis Village in Fayoum, that small village of Tunis ( izbat Tunis) is located in the oasis of Fayoum, on the way to Wadi Rayan. Located on a hill facing a large salt water lake, the village overlooks a stunning view of the edge of the desert on the other side of the lake. It is one of the most beautiful places in Egypt.
One ofthe top attractions in Fayoum is the Valley of the Whales or Wadi Hitan, which was discovered 1936 but it was considered as a protected area and natural Heritage Site by UNISCO in 2005 as a world Heritage Site. It consists of many wild animals and various sea fossils. Actually it is considered to be an open museum , dates back to 40 million year and it contains petrified primitive whales skeletons , shark teeth, shells and roots of Mangroves which preserved in soft sand.
These fossils showing us that the primitive Whales once had a feet and used to walk on the land before getting into the water .
ALSO, important attraction in El Fayoum is the lake Qaroun which is an important natural lake where locals and visitors gather for fishing and watching different types of birds.
Last important attraction in Fayoum is the waterfalls of Wadi Rayan, where reed lined channels link a pair of brackish lakes, enjoy Felucca ride and sail along the lake.
Enjoy lunch during the day tour.
At the end of the day tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cairo.
- All Entry Fees to the mentioned sites.
- Private expert tour guide.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Lunch during the day tour.
- All Taxes & Services.
- Any activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
Prices Quoted Per Person in U.S.D ($)
- Single person, 200 $
- 2 to 3 persons, 145 $
- 4 and more, 90 $
Terms & Conditions
Tour and Prices:
Tour price currency is set to USD but you can pay in Euro or British pound.The prices quoted per person per tour all inclusive and prices are always updated to ensure you receive the lowest price possible. Once your tour is confirmed we guarantee the price will not be changed.
- 0 - 05.99 Free of Charge
- 6 - 11.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
- Egypt Fantastic Tours does not charge a cancellation fee for tours and excursions cancelled for ‘force majeure’ reasons such as volcanoes, earthquakes, or reasons beyond control.
- If cancellation happens due to personal or business reasons and Egypt Fantastic Tours has already incurred costs on your behalf, these costs will be transferred to you.